Thinking Creatively, Innovatively & Entrepreneurially in the COVID-19 Era
Entrepreneurs are similar to any other business person, however, their minds revolve around new ideas. They demonstrate creative problem finding and problem solving within their organization by identifying new and unique opportunities. Entrepreneurs grow the organization by continuously developing and improving the quality of service and/or products offered.
Entrepreneurs think creatively by constantly reimagining the workflow process. These individuals maintain a constant thought process about how to undertake new initiatives to make more profit – all revolving around taking risks!
Entrepreneurs go through what is called the ‘Entrepreneurial Process,’ consisting of seven steps filled with creating ideas/goals, testing and implementation. The seven steps are:
- Idea Generation
- Preparation (Rationalization)
- Incubation (Feasibility)
Creativity is a major factor in what drives entrepreneurs to success. The whole process of entrepreneurship is rooted in the creation and exploration of new ideas, because of the advantage over other competition. Entrepreneurs should explore different niches to apply specific skills and resources. Creativity is skilled – requiring imagination to produce fresh ideas! This imagination enables entrepreneurs to cross boundaries and break through the ‘it’s always been this way’ mentality. Try thinking beyond traditional solutions and come up with something new, interesting and versatile. Bring different disciplines together – creating the most interesting ideas by colliding different fields. For more ideas for how entrepreneurs can unlock their creativity, watch Imagine How Creativity Works by Jonah Lehrer.
Yes – honing in on creativity can be a major asset for entrepreneurs, but it takes more than just creativity to become successful. Other effective entrepreneurial personality traits and skills include:
- Personality Traits: Passion, grit, bold, fearless, independent, optimism, vision, self-control, initiative, emotional control, intelligence, persistence, tolerance, resilience, Rhinoceros skin.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to interact with people at many levels. Communication, building trust, leadership, motivation, personal relations, negotiation skills, and ethics are helpful in a very dynamic business environment.
- Critical Thinking: Be his/her own critic. Keen observation of various aspects of an idea so it can be perfected before implementation.
- Practical Skills: Required to implement strategies and management of the enterprise. Ability to plan and organize goals and tasks. Sound decision-making and critical monitoring.
Finally, Suasion is a boutique agency with a passion for creating and building distinctive, highly profitable brands. Learn more about how our team can help grow your business and/or organization by calling 609-653-0400 x103.